Summer Rose Milk + Dairy-Free Whipped Cream
🌹 Summer Rose Milk 🌹
I remember as a kids we would drink rose milk whenever we could, even in the winter 😍 We'd simply have it made with just rose syrup and milk mixed together, which always wins! I decided to jazz up the recipe a little adding, basil seeds and a smooth creamy top that can be stirred into the drink whilst you're sipping. It’s been popular across Asia for many years during high temperatures as it helps cool the body, and is easy and quick to make.
- 3 cups: plant-milk of choice
- 4 tbsp: almond cream
- 4 tbsp: basil seeds
- 6 tbsp: rose syrup
- 1 can: cold coconut milk
- 1 tsp: vanilla extract
- dried rose petals
1) First soak the basil seeds in water, enough water so that the basil seeds are fully submerged. Also make sure the can of coconut milk is already in the fridge, so it's nice and cold and ready to use later.
2) 🥛 For the rose milk mix: plant milk, almond cream (for extra creaminess) and rose syrup
3) Creamy top: scrape off the top cream part of a cold can of coconut milk, leaving behind the water. Whip together the coconut cream and vanilla extract (tip: use a cold bowl and whisk for better whipping)
4) In a glass, add ice cubes, the rose milk and top with the cream. Garnish with a pinch of cardamom and nutmeg powder, chopped pistachios and rose petals if you're feeling extra fancy.
Basil seeds are incredibly beneficial for the body, especially some with excessive body heat (pitta dosha). Here we explain the many benefits and ways to use basil seeds!
Let us know your favourite rose syrup recipes below!