Ayurvedic Immunity Boosting Tea
Now, more than ever improving our health is vital, so I wanted to share our great grandmother's recipe on boosting the immune system.
It’s an Ayurvedic tea with powerful ingredients you can find in your kitchen and super easy to make. Don’t worry if you don’t have all of them.
We make this every day in batches and lasts up to 3 days in fridge.
NOTE: not recommended for pregnant women.
(Makes 2 flasks worth / 1 person)
Turmeric (1 tbsp)
Ginger (1 inch)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Tulsi (can open a tulsi teabag)
Cinnamon (1 tbsp)
Peppercorn (1 tbsp)
Ajwain (1 tbsp)
Water (8 cups)
- Grind all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle until it becomes a paste.
- Add the paste to a pot of 8 cups of simmering water and bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil until the water is halved.
- Switch the heat off and cover with a lid and let it cool down
- Strain and transfer the water into a flask and sip throughout the day, preferably at luke warm temperature.
- Please don’t drink more than two flasks worth in a day, as it can create excessive heat in the body.
I started Jadons with a mission to share our family knowledge on Ayurveda as well as amazing recipes and products. If you have any questions, you can reply below – we'll be happy to hear from you!
I hope this recipe is somewhat helpful and maybe something fun to make during quarantine!
Sending love and light.